Saturday, August 13, 2011

10 Things You Might Not Know About Me

So, over at Grenglish, the fabulous blog by the lovely Smudgerella, I've been tagged in a post called 10 Things You Might Not Know About Me. According to blogging by-laws this means that I now have to fess up to 10 things you might not know about me. I'm worried that if I don't I might get fined by the blogerati so, here goes....

1. I've break danced in a kebab shop.

Well, in the loosest sense of the words 'break danced'. I made sure that the lovely Smudge, proprietor of Grenglish, was on hand to hold my pashmina first. I didn't want it to get in the way of my crazy legs.

2. I can't stand anyone touching my ears

I do. Not. Like it. And will have an immediate sense of humour failure if anyone attempts it. It freaks the bejesus out of me.

3. I gave birth in my kitchen

Yes really! And on purpose! I've also delivered someone else's baby in their kitchen, and many others elsewhere. In my life before stay at home motherhood, I was a midwife.

4. I've got a very big mouth

Not only does it allow me to talk the hind legs off a donkey, but I can also fit my fist in it, which is the perfect party trick (unless you'd prefer me to break dance).

5. I love breakfast for dinner

It drives my husband crazy. If it's past 9 o'clock it's my culinary default as I can't be arsed to cook and don't like eating too late. He gets take out while I stuff my chops with porridge.


There's some porridge under there, honest.


6. My marriage certificate is in Italian

It's all down to that Smudgerella again. I can confirm that she is indeed the wedding fairy as she was with me the night I met my husband. We married 5 years later in a beautiful town in Tuscany. The Italian marriage certificate is kind of cool too, but a bugger when you're trying to get a visa.



7. I used to be a singer - kind of.

I've sung live on TV (Pebble Mill on the BBC - it was excruciatingly embarrassing), done lots of gigs and even a proper session for the band Electronic (Bernard Sumner and Johnny Marr), singing backing vocals on their single 'Late at Night'. I realised a long time ago that I'd never make anything of it though, so have left all that behind as a happy memory.

7. I can't pronounce the word 'theatre' properly and get confused between goose bumps and chicken bumps.

Which one is it? It's chicken bumps isn't it? No? Shit.

9. I can't act to save my life.

Somehow, however, I got a part in a music video when I was 21. See if you can spot me (clue: BIG blonde hair) and have a chuckle at my expense, especially at the last bit when I try to act 'surprised'. My face barely moves.


10. I cry at anything

I cry at the drop of a hat sometimes. A really sad film can have me crying again days later, just from thinking about it. I've even cried at the closing credits of a film I hadn't actually watched (Escape to Victory). It's that pathetic. I cry when I run sometimes too, but I think if you've read my blog before, you might know that already (and I don't think I'm the only runner to do that either).

So, there you go. You now know my deepest and darkest.

Any surprises? Or do you know me better than I think?







3 comments:

Grenglish said...

how have I never seen that video before????! BRILLIANT! Love the hair.
Thank you doing this, it's FAB xx

Sarah said...

I love that video! And the picture of you and Paul is great. And I'll be asking you to say theatre and breakdance for me next time I see you xx

Charlotte said...

Lovely! Brilliant video, bella donna xx